Moomba Carbon Capture and Storage

The Moomba Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) project in South Australia will be one of the world’s largest CCS projects. It will be capable of storing 1.7 million tonnes (Mt) of carbon dioxide (CO2) a year in phase one. Scheduled to enter service in 2024, the CCS project will capture CO2 from the Moomba Gas Plant operated by Santos and transport the same through an underground pipeline, being supplied by LFF Pipelines & Infrastructure, for permanent storage in the depleted gas reservoirs of the Cooper Basin in South Australia. Santos holds 66.7% interest and will operate the CCS project, the remaining 33.3% interest is held by Beach Energy, another oil and gas company based in Australia.

LFF Brisbane was successful through demonstrating a proven and competitive supply chain capable of producing large diameter pipe, fittings and flanges up to 48". With a consolidated logistics plan for both on and off module materials, our client, Santos, was able to mitigate its shipping risk and self perform all collection and shipping activities effectively.

More info About This Project